The Health Policy Institute of Ohio is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Click here to view our most recent IRS form 990) that serves as Ohio’s nonpartisan, independent source for forecasting health trends, analyzing key health issues, and communicating current research to policymakers, state agencies and other decision-makers.
Since its founding in 2003, HPIO has become the state’s trusted source of information and leadership on health policy issues. In the past, Ohio decision makers often had to rely on data and analysis provided by interest groups with particular perspectives and agendas. HPIO’s mission is to provide nonpartisan, unbiased research, analysis and communication that enables policymakers to make the most informed decisions possible on matters that affect the health of all Ohioans.
HPIO is a member of the following organizations:
- Ohio Association of Non-Profit Organizations (OANO)
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce
- Ohio Public Health Association (OPHA)
- Academy Health
- Employer’s Resource Association
- National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI)
HPIO is committed to promoting a healthy work environment
- Healthy food policy to promote healthy food and beverages at meetings and events
- Employee wellness benefit (all employees are eligible for reimbursement of some wellness-related personal expenses)
- Transportation allowance (can be used for public transportation)
- CoGo bike share membership and bike helmets for staff
- Office furniture to promote activity (ball chair, standing desk)
- Advocated for ability to use stairs in building (encouraged management to unlock doors to stairwells and add signs marking stairs)
- Office location near farmer’s market and bike/walking path
- Bike parking on site
Learn more about HPIO
Director of Health Data and Analytics (posted 9.4.2014)
Interested in interning at HPIO?
The Health Policy Institute of Ohio (HPIO) offers internship opportunities to students who are interested in learning more about health policy and want to gain practical experience in the workplace. Click here for more details
Whatever label comes to mind when you hear “Health Policy Institute of Ohio” – we hope it is accompanied by a feeling of trust, a clear connection to our vision to advance the health of all Ohioans, and a confidence that we are working to make the complex simpler and the solutions easier to achieve.